}
"Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course. It happened to me... on that summer's day when my eyes were opened to the sea".

Jacques Yves-Cousteau

Cruise ship Life

Happy or Sad :)(: that is the question.
Should a person be happy or sad when a dear friend and co-worker is leaving the ship?

After going through all phases of learning the ship life, I finaly get comfortable and met some really nice people. While time passed by these people grew close to me and I started calling them friends.
With new friends it was always a joy to spend my time with, and the time sure goes by faster.
Socializing with them I improved in all ways. My language skills got better, my awareness for new cultures grew and the most important thing, I learned from them how to relax on the ship.
But as the time goes by and the dates for disembarking come closer, I find my self in a difficult situation.
Saying goodbye to a close friend and co-worker.
I know it is selfish to be sad when your friend is leaving because that friend is happy for going home, but seeing somebody dear to you leave, is always really hard.
Other way around, seeing that friend so happy about going home after such a long time cheers you up, cause you see that persons joy and you share that joy, even just for that last day.

So even after all this time on board for me, it is always hard to say goodbye to a friend.
But isn't friendship sharing joy with each other? Yes it is.
So i finally realized!
"In hard times its always better to share joy then sadness"













This is a farewell party for our dear friend Vesela (girl in the middle the most happy one :) 











Until we meet again my friends.

No comments :