}
"Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course. It happened to me... on that summer's day when my eyes were opened to the sea".

Jacques Yves-Cousteau

What to pack for your first conctract?


If not the most asked question when leaving for the first contract on a Cruise Ship. 
What to pack?

Well I will talk from my own experience here, so I hope it will help you a little with your decision.
First of all dont think that you are going on a vacation, cause your NOT.
You are going to work straight at least for 6 months, so therefore you need to forget about most of the fancy cloths you wear on land. Don't forget, your number/weight of bags will be limited.
Here is my list of items that i brought with me that are work related:

-  2 pair of Shoes (1 black working shoes, 1 normal for everyday use)
-14 pair of socks (black and white)
-10 Boxer shorts
-10 White cotton T-Shirts (weare under your work shirt)
-  1 Nail cutter
-  1 Hair brush
-  1 Hair dryer

Maybe i forgot something on my list, but i think you got the point
These things you are going to use everyday to maintain a clean and fresh look, and they are the most important things to pack. Other things you can always buy on shore later.

After you packed all of the mentioned items, pack your personal stuff.
That is up to you what to bring along, my suggestions would be a laptop, camera or books.
One more time. Keep in mind that you will have a limitation on the bag weight in the airport, so pls do a weight check on your bag before you leave home!

Hope i could help a little.
Have a safe flight :)


                       

No comments :