}
"Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course. It happened to me... on that summer's day when my eyes were opened to the sea".

Jacques Yves-Cousteau

Cruise ship jobs



Ah oi to all bloggers and sailors out there :).

Let me introduce my self first. My name is Jakov Fisel and I'm coming from Croatia, Zagreb.
At the age of 27 (now almost 28, how the years pass by uff :) i decided to write a little bit about working and the better side of cruise ships-jobs of course: traveling.

For me the sailing is now a full part of my life and trough the year I'm minimum 8 months on the sea.
One thing i can tell you right away, its not an easy life. Every time i go sailing i leave my lovely wife and little daughter at home and don't see them for at least 6 months.
So to work on a cruise ship and to travel you have to leave somethings behind and set your priority's.
My priority's are to earn money for my family since here at my home i cant secure that, and of course to put work and pleasure next to each other.

Now working for a German company Aida, sailing under a Italian flag, i can say it has become my second home.
My current position is Restaurant Steward (or if you want you can call it waiter) working under the hotel department.
My company Aida now has a total of 10 ships (2015 the biggest one is coming) and sailing all over the world from North America, Red sea, Asia and almost whole Europe. So i can pretty much say i have traveled a lot with these ships and I'm still happy to visit new places.
My last contract i was sailing the western Mediterranean see visiting very nice places such as Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Rom & Marslie and later on in the summer sailing to a colder area the North sea also visiting very nice places like Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallin & St. Petersburg.

With this blog i will try to help and encourage new sailors who are willing to work but don't have the right information about life and work on a cruise ship, and also try to show you the good and downsides of this work.


Setting my priority's to explain all you need to know how to apply for a job, how to handle stress and pressure and how to make a living on a ship this blog is like a walk trough for all newcomers eager to learn more about working on a cruise ship.



      A picture is worth 1000 words they say :)



No comments :