}
"Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course. It happened to me... on that summer's day when my eyes were opened to the sea".

Jacques Yves-Cousteau

Money, Cruise Ships


This is the most frequently asked question before people go to work on sea.
"How much will i earn"?.
I will try to bring you a closer look on wages, saving money and spending money on a Cruise Ship.

For me the number one reason to work on a Cruise Ship was the Money.
Having a family which depends on Me and my work, my primary goal was to earn and save money.
Working as a Restaurant Steward for a German Cruise Line I achieved all my goals.
How much money do I earn per contract? Well that question I cant answer directly, cause of contract
regulations. I can only say how much money I could save per contract.
After doing the math and including all incomes, my last contract i saved 6500€ (Euros).
The contract duration was 6 months and 2 weeks. That amount will for somebody sound a little low, but its the total of what i had on my bank account after i left the ship.
Including the money i had to send home each month, and what i spend on board, that amount could have been way higher.

My goals.
Before i left home i had my goals already in mind. I knew I had to save that money.
With this goal in my mind I set the sails.
In order to do so I didn't touch my salary. That means I didn't spend 1 Euro from my monthly salary.
I was living from the Tips I made from my beloved guests :).
I earned weekly about 100-200 Euros Tip money, which I'd later saved or spend ed on board.
As I was leaving the ship I also had 650 Euros in cash, which I saved from my Tips.
If you are going on a Cruise Ship to save money this is the best way.
If you are going to have some fun and visit all the places, the Tip money will be very useful :)
Try not to spend your salary, or at least save the most of it.

This is my story about the money on Cruise ships. I wish i could revile more information, but I'm currently still employed so I could get a lot of trouble if I do so.

My best advice's for You are: Read the contract, aim for a good position, don't accept anything they offer, and set your goals.


Wish you all the luck

No comments :